Come and work with us!
Barques is seeking to hire an enthusiastic and ambitious PHP Web Developer with previous web design agency
experience to work on new and existing websites and web applications. Barques will, however, consider a lesser
experienced candidate providing they are willing and able to learn quickly.
This is a permanent role with an initial 6-month probationary period.
We are looking for a PHP Developer who is dedicated to the craft, writes code that they are proud of and can hit the ground running.
The successful applicant will lead the web development aspects of their projects, helping to steer the technical strategy. The applicant will need to have proven experience working on e-commerce solutions as well as being able to work as part of a full-stack creative team.
- 2-3 years commercial experience
- A relevant university degree
- Excellent PHP programming skills
- Strong knowledge of building sites in WordPressOutstanding HTML & CSS
- Experience with SASS
- Framework knowledge – Magento, Laravel & CodeIgniter
- Experience of Git and committing work as well as test-driven development
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Development and maintenance of server-side logic
- Acute attention to detail and will stop at nothing to achieve perfection
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your workload and deadlines effectively
- A relentless drive for efficiency, performance and speed throughout all your work
- An understanding of SEO
Not essential but it would be good if you have
- Prior web design agency experience
- Experience with Magento
- Skilled senior staff who will help you to achieve your very best 23 days holiday + bank holidays.
- A relaxed working atmosphere
- Interesting and varied projects to get your teeth into Company pension
If you are interested in the role and are looking for an exciting new challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Send in your application and covering letter to email@example.com